The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
- Supervises or participates in the more difficult installation, alteration, repair and maintenance of commercial and industrial electrical systems, motors, generators, fixtures, appliances, and mechanical equipment.
- Supervises the work of subordinate staff by scheduling, assigning and reviewing work, providing training and counseling, and evaluating performance.
- Maintains and alters electrical systems.
- Locates and corrects power failures and motor trouble on bridges.
- Checks the performance of electrical work on photoelectric cells, air conditioners, motor generator units, air compressors, and traffic counters.
- Supervises the wiring of lighting control circuits and devices.
- Plans and estimates costs of electrical wiring and fixtures on construction projects.
- Drives a motor vehicle to and from work sites and loads and unloads tools and equipment.
- Performs other related duties as required.
This classification description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as an all inclusive list of the duties associated with a particular position. Management may require incumbents to perform job duties other than those contained in this document at any time.