With determination, innovation and ingenuity, Port Tampa Bay is rising to the challenge of a changing climate.
- On the Port Resiliency Index, developed by the Gulf of Mexico Alliance, the Port scored 95% and was the first Ports in the nation to be recognized as “Storm Ready” by the National Weather Service.
- Working with local partners and the port community to build resiliency into our Port operations and hosts an annual hurricane exercise in advance of hurricane season.
- Conducting an annual update of our Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan.
- Developing of an off-site operations center in Winter Haven, FL which allows the port to operate its vital programs in the case the Port is shut down due to an emergency.
- The Submerged Lands Management program and multiple restoration projects have added to the ongoing recovery of Tampa Bay’s water quality.